Chicken noodle soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Chicken noodle soup using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken noodle soup
- Prepare 3-4 of chicken thighs skins removed.
- Prepare 5 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 10 cups of water.
- You need of Olive oil to saute vegetables.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots 2 grated 1 sliced.
- Prepare 2 of medium celery sticks.
- You need Half of pound spiral pasta (you can double this of you like).
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh or frozen dill.
- You need 1 tsp of favorite seasoning.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Liquid crab boil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Parsley.
Chicken noodle soup Step By Step
- In a large pot combine 10 cups water, 5 cups chicken broth and 1 tbsp sea salt
- Bring to a boil
- Add chicken thighs and boil uncovered or partially covered for 20 minutes (don't completely cover or water will be murky)
- Skim off impurities that rise to the top.
- While chicken is cooking saute onion in 2 tbsp Olive oil (not butter)over medium heat until golden brown
- Increase heat to medium/high and add grated carrots, chopped celery, garlic and add more oil as needed
- Saute, stirring often until soft and golden brown
- Add sauteed vegetables to soup pot Add half pound pasta and sliced carrots to the soup pot and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until pasta is at desired softness
- While pasta is cooking remove chicken thighs and pick off meat, add just the meat back into the pot
- Season soup with all seasonings mentioned to taste
- Add 3 tbsp of dill
- Remove from heat and enjoy