Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch)
- You need 1 of chicken (remove giblets, rinse).
- Prepare 5 of celery stocks.
- It’s 5 of carrot sticks.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 batch of noodles (See recipe).
Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) Instructions
- Place the chicken in a stock pot. Cover with water. (Water should be about an inch above the chicken)
- Cut the vegetables up. At aside.
- Simmer the chicken (at least 1.5 hours). Remove the foam as it develops.
- After at least 1.5 hours: Add the vegetables. Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove. Remove all ingredients. Strain the broth.
- Prep the ingredients for the soup: cut vegetables, remove meat from the bones, discard the chicken skin, and prep the noodles (See my recipe).
- Place broth, chicken, and the vegetables back into the stock pot. Add spices. Turn heat on high (to boil).
- Add the noodles and cook till desired.
- Serve and enjoy.