Sweet potato and butternut squash soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Sweet potato and butternut squash soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and butternut squash soup
- You need of the soup.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion / diced.
- You need 2 medium of sized butternut squash/ peeled, seeded and cut into 2" cubes.
- It’s 2 medium of sweet potatoes / peeled and cut into 2" cubes.
- Prepare 3 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground sage.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salted butter.
Sweet potato and butternut squash soup Step By Step
- In large dutch oven, place oil in heated pan.
- Saute onions and garlic until onion becomes translucent. ( just a few minutes )
- Add in all other ingredients except for cream and bring to a soft boil. Then reduce to simmer.
- Cook until squash and sweet potatoes are tender. About 20 minutes or so.
- Transfer soup to a blender and add cream. Blend until smooth. Be very careful when blending hot liquids!
- Return soup to pot and heat again a minute or so more. Check now for any need for added salt or pepper. ( to your liking ) Add in butter and stir in until melted.
- Serve. Add a dollup if sour cream on top and for a beautiful presentation a few fried sage leaves.
- ****** For fried sage leaves just add sage leaves in hot oil and fry.****** super easy and very pretty