Prawn Malai Curry/ Chingdi Machher Malai Curry – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawn Malai Curry/ Chingdi Machher Malai Curry using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Malai Curry/ Chingdi Machher Malai Curry
- You need 1/2 kg of Galda or Bagda Prawns.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cup Coconut Milk.
- You need 1 of medium size chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of medium size chopped tomato.
- Prepare 2 of medium size onion paste's juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chilli.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamom pods.
- Prepare 1 of long cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of Salt, sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard oil.
Prawn Malai Curry/ Chingdi Machher Malai Curry Instructions
- Take the prawns & marinate them with turmeric powder & salt.
- Heat the pan & add mustard oil in it.Fry the prawns, do not overcook them.Add bay leaf, dry red chillies, cardamom pods(crushed) & cinnamon stick.
- Fry till fragrance comes out from them.Add the chopped onions & fry till become golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, Red chilli powder.Sprinkle some water & mix them.
- Add ginger,garlic paste,cumin powder, salt, sugar,turmeric powder & the onion juice.
- When oil starts separating from the masala add the fried prawns.Add some hot water & cook for 2 mints in high flame.Then add the coconut milk.
- When it starts to boil cover it for 5 mints in medium flame.Add some ghee & switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with got STEAMED rice.