Chicken Noodle Soup from leftover roast chicken – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Chicken Noodle Soup from leftover roast chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Noodle Soup from leftover roast chicken
- It’s 1 of med. yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 8 cups of chicken broth or more as needed.
- It’s of Carrots from roast, cut small.
- It’s of Caramelized onions from roast, chop.
- Prepare of Celery from roast, cut small.
- You need of Chicken breast from roast, shredded.
- You need 1 tbsp. of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of dry egg noodles.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Chicken Noodle Soup from leftover roast chicken Instructions
- Heat olive oil in large pot over med high heat and add diced onions. Cook until softened and brown.
- Add chicken broth and scrape any brown bits from the bottom.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, chicken and thyme. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. If needed, add more chicken broth. The noodles will soak up a lot of liquid.
- Add dry noodles. Stir to combine and cook for 8 mins.