Easy Spring Rolls – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Easy Spring Rolls using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Spring Rolls
- You need 1 packages of rice paper.
- It’s 12 of large cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- You need 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh Thai basil.
- Prepare 6 slice of thinly cut slices of rare eye of round beef or thinly sliced tofu.
- You need 2 cup of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 packages of rice noodles.
- Prepare 1 oz of Peanut sauce(can buy commercially) optional.
- Prepare 1 oz of siracha sauce.
- It’s 1 oz of chili garlic sauce (optional).
- It’s 1 dash of freshly grated carrot (for peanut sauce) optional.
Easy Spring Rolls Instructions
- In a medium sized sauce pan bring three cups of water to boil (add a couple dashes of salt)
- With a sharp knife slice shrimp down the middle to create two slices. Set aside
- Separate basil leaves and mint from stems. Wash basil, mint, and sprouts. Set aside.
- Add rice noodles to water. Cook according to directions. Remove and set aside. (To prevent sticking add a dash of olive oil to the noodles)
- The next steps go very fast so make sure ingredients are ready to be assembled quickly.
- Soak one sheet of rice paper in the heated water. Cook according to directions.
- Set rice paper on cutting board. Spread out carefully because paper will tear easily. You will layer the next ingedients. Add 3 shrimp halves (in a row), strip of eye of round or soy, several mint and basil leaves, rice noodles (fingerful or more), beans sprouts (fingerful or more)
- Bring in the two sides of the rice paper and roll tightly
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each spring roll you create.
- Cut rolls in half (if you like). Serve with choices of sauce.