Butternut squash soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium butternut squash.
- It’s 800 ml of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup).
- It’s 180 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s of coconut cream for garnish.
Butternut squash soup Instructions
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion and 2 gloves garlic diced and 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine.
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer.
- Enjoy your soup 🙂