Szechuan Prawns – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Szechuan Prawns using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Szechuan Prawns
- It’s 500 g of peeled and deveined prawns.
- You need 2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorns.
- You need 5 of spring onions, chopped (i didn't have any).
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for shallow frying.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, cut into thin strips.
- You need 5 cm of ginger, peeled and sliced into thin strips.
- Prepare 1-2 of red chillies, julienned, optional.
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need of Stir-fry sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce.
Szechuan Prawns Instructions
- Combine the prawns with the marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- Dry roast Sichuan peppercorns till fragrant then transfer them into a mortar and pestle to grind them to a fine powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce Pour 1 tbsp vegetable oil into a large non-stick frying pan. Heat the pan over high heat. Coat the prawns in the flour, shake off any excess flour and then carefully place each prawn into the oil. Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side or golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Discard the oil from the pan and clean it. Return it to medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and then add the garlic, ginger and chillies. Saute until fragrant then sprinkle the ground Sichuan peppercorns. Mix through then add the stir-fry sauce and toss until well combined, thick and sticky. Pour onto the prawn pieces. Scatter the spring onions and serve straight away.