Sleeping in a tent in your living room… and how to make the perfect fall soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Sleeping in a tent in your living room… and how to make the perfect fall soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sleeping in a tent in your living room… and how to make the perfect fall soup
- You need 1 of yellow onion medium , chopped.
- You need 1 of sweet potato small , chopped into cubes.
- You need 2 of butternut squash , peeled, seeded and chopped into cubes (save the seeds to roast and use as garnish).
- You need 1/2 of brown sugar ( to roast the seeds with) tbl.
- It’s 2 of granny smith apples large , cored and chopped.
- You need 4 cans of vegetable broth low sodium (32 oz total).
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk ( the full fat kind – only add the separated top layer of cream).
- You need 1/2 of cream cheese bar (so, 4 oz).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon ground.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg ground.
- You need 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Prepare to taste of Salt black pepper and freshly ground.
Sleeping in a tent in your living room… and how to make the perfect fall soup Instructions
- Add everything to the slow cooker except for the brown sugar, spices and maple syrup. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Roast the seeds with brown sugar in the oven at 400 degrees (I used my toaster oven) for about 5- 10 mins until golden brown. Watch them carefully so they don't burn.
- Once vegetables are cooked and soft, puree the soup using an immersion blender. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup to a blender (in batches) and puree until smooth. Pour the soup back into the slow cooker until your guests arrive.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with roasted seeds and more nutmeg.