Mixed seafood noodles – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Mixed seafood noodles using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed seafood noodles
- You need of water chestnuts 3, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need of ho fun noodles 250g, soaked and drained.
- You need 1-1 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need of salt and ground white pepper.
- It’s of raw king prawns 6, peeled and de-veined.
- Prepare of squid 1 medium (200g), cleaned and cut into strips.
- You need of scallops 4 medium, out of their shells, cleaned and roes removed.
- You need of Chinese fried fish balls 4 (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of groundnut oil.
- You need 200 ml of prawn-shell or fish stock.
- It’s of sliced bamboo shoots 2 tbsp, drained.
- You need of Chinese chilli oil to serve.
Mixed seafood noodles Step By Step
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Add a dash of oil and heat, then add the ho fun noodles and stir fry for a minute to cook them through, seasoning them with a little salt and pepper. Remove from the wok and leave to one side.
- Heat the wok again, adding another dash of oil. Stir fry the prawns, squid and scallops for 30 seconds. Add the fish balls, if using, along with the oyster sauce, soy sauce and stock, and cover, leaving everything to cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the squid, prawns and scallops are just cooked through, remove the lid and taste, adjusting the seasoning as necessary.
- Stir in the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and let them warm through for 1-2 minutes. Add the ho fun noodles and mix together gently, allowing the noodles to absorb the liquid but being careful not to overcook them.
- Finish with a dash of sesame oil sprinkled over to taste. Divide the seafood equally between the plates and serve with a little Chinese chilli oil on the side.