Savoury Waffle with Coconut crumbed prawns – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Savoury Waffle with Coconut crumbed prawns using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savoury Waffle with Coconut crumbed prawns
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 200 ml of milk.
- It’s 60 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 250 ml of cake flour.
- You need 10 ml of baking powder.
- It’s 2,5 ml of salt.
- You need 2,5 ml of pepper.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of fresh corinader.
- You need 100 g of prawns, shelled and deveined.
- You need 250 ml of flour.
- It’s 125 ml of cornflakes, crushed.
- It’s 125 ml of dessicated coconut.
- You need 15 ml of fish spice.
- It’s 5 ml of paprika.
- Prepare 5 ml of garlic powder.
- It’s 2,5 ml of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2,5 ml of ground coriander.
- It’s 4 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s of oil to fry.
Savoury Waffle with Coconut crumbed prawns Instructions
- For the Waffles: Separate the egg and whisk the white to soft peak stage. In a separate jug combine the egg yolk, milk and vegetable oil and beat until well combined.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. whisk in the jug of wet ingredients. fold in egg white into this mixture and set aside.
- In a waffle press or silicon mould place corinader leaves and pour over the mixture. continue to cook in waffle press until ready or bake in mould in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- For prawns: Dust the prawns in flour and in a bowl combine the cornflakes, coconut and spices.
- Dip each prawn in the egg then into the coconut crumbing mixture. continue until all prawns are coated.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the prawns in small batches. remove and place onto kitchen paper to absorb extra oils.
- Serve the waffles with the crumbed prawns and top with any sauce of your choice