Som Tam (Thai Green Papaya Salad) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Som Tam (Thai Green Papaya Salad) using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Som Tam (Thai Green Papaya Salad)
- Prepare 200 gms of green papaya, grated.
- Prepare handful of bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 of tomato, deseeded & cut into strips.
- You need 1-2 of green chilies, chopped (opt).
- You need 8-10 of green beans, cut into 1" pieces & blanched.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced / 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped.
- You need 10-12 of paneer / tofu cubes, shallow fried.
- Prepare of few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped.
- It’s of Dressing-.
- Prepare of salt to taste / 1 tsp. soya sauce / fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of red chili powder / chili flakes.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder or to taste (opt).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of honey / sugar.
- Prepare of Garnish-.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of roasted peanuts, coarsely ground.
- Prepare 10-12 of shrimps, shallow fried.
Som Tam (Thai Green Papaya Salad) Instructions
- In a bowl, combine all the above ingredients (except the dressing). Keep aside. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing on the prepared salad and Toss well. Serve, garnished with the roasted peanuts and the fried shrimps. Yummy Thai salad is ready for you.