Mieang Baa-O / Pomelo Salad – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Mieang Baa-O / Pomelo Salad using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mieang Baa-O / Pomelo Salad
- You need 2 of whole pomelo,about 3 cups after peel.
- It’s 400 grams of shreded coconut.
- It’s 100 grams of dried shrimps.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 stalk of of lemongrass.
- It’s 12 of dried chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts.
- You need 2/3 cup of thinny sliced shallots.
Mieang Baa-O / Pomelo Salad Instructions
- Toast coconut on low heat until light brown
- Add dried shrimps,mix and toast until both crisp ,not too brown..it will cause bitter taste,let it cool
- Slice shallots,seperate the rings for easy on crispy fry
- Add oil enough to fry shallots,on low heat,fry until light gold,then add peanuts,chilli,to make all crispy,heat off aftershallots is golden ,drain excess oil,let cool
- Peel pomelo,or ready to use pomelo from store ..make all to small pieces,add in large mixing bowl
- Thinny slice lemongrass,add in pomelo bowl
- Time to mix ,add coconut,add shallots mix
- Mix softly,serve as it is or with leaves wrapp :)as snack or appetizers,or with meal ,lettuce wrap also just fine,but original use the heart shape leave named Chaplu leaves