Thai butternut squash soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Thai butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai butternut squash soup
- It’s 2 of + tsp salt to taste.
- Prepare 2 of + tsp chili pepper flakes to taste.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs. of minced garlic.
- You need 2-3 tbs. of garlic chili paste.
- Prepare 2 (15 oz) of packages cubed/frozen Butternut Squash.
- You need 2 tbs. of olive or coconut oil.
- It’s 3 of shallots, chopped.
- You need 5 of scallions, chopped.
- It’s 1 (32 oz.) of Container Vegetable broth.
- It’s of I can light coconut milk.
Thai butternut squash soup Instructions
- In Dutch oven add olive oil, shallots, green onions (reserve one for garnish), garlic. Sauté about 8 minutes until tender. Add two pkgs of butternut squash and sauté additional 10 minutes with lid on.
- Remove lid, stir. Add chili flakes, salt, seasonings. Sauté about 5 minutes. Add broth. Stir until combined. Simmer 15 min until squash is completely tender.
- Remove from heat. Using a hand blender, purée the soup very carefully in the pot. If you do not have a hand blender, use a vitamix style blender ladeling the hot soup into blender at 50% capacity of blender size. Then pouring back into a warming pot once blended. (I highly recommend owning a hand blender to purée soups).
- Once soup is puréed, open coconut milk and carefully pour into a small mixing bowl. Wisk until blended. Pour 3/4 of the total can of coconut milk into the soup, lightly stirring to blend, reserving remaining 1/4 of the coconut milk as a swirled garnish for each bowl. I also garnished with chopped green onion and extra chili flakes. Or you could use chives, cilantro or lemongrass.