Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice
- It’s 400 gr of cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- It’s 3 of small shallots, minced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- You need 2 of green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- It’s 5 of eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need as needed of ground white/black pepper,.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- It’s of Accompaniments (optional) :.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- You need of Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice Step By Step
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok.
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute.
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well.
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok.
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it.
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!