Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 5 of potatoes, peeled & cubed.
- It’s 5 of carrots, peeled & sliced.
- You need 2 cups of cauliflour, chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 3 of celery sticks, sliced.
- It’s 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried minced onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 16 oz of box elbow macaroni noodles (or whichever you prefer).
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Instructions
- Start off by boiling chicken breasts in a deep soup pot, add garlic cloves. (Don't fill completely with water. Only enough to boil chicken)
- While chicken is boiling, peel potatoes & cube in medium size cubes, set aside. Then peel & slice carrots, celery, onion & cauliflour; set aside until chicken is done boiling.
- When chicken is done boiling, remove the breast from the water, place on a plate to cool down. Then add prepared veggies to the same water used to boil the breasts.
- Once cooled a little, shred chicken with a fork & return chicken back to the pot with veggies.
- Add chicken broth, can of corn (do not drain) & seasonings. Boil for another hour or until veggies are tender.
- While soup is boiling, take this time to boil noodles according to directions on the box, drain & set aside to add later to your own personal bowl of soup. (I do this because I have picky eaters in my house who don't like noodles in their soup) or (if you want) you can add your noodles to the soup the last 10-15 mins. Serve with crackers (optional) & enjoy!