Caesar Salad Udon – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Caesar Salad Udon using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad Udon
- Prepare 3 of servings Udon noodles.
- It’s 16 of Shrimp.
- You need 1 of squid's worth Squid (I used a variety called Japanese Flying Squid).
- You need 3 of Green leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 bag of Mixed baby salad leaves.
- You need 9 of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of Soft-poached egg.
- You need 1 of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 90 ml of Mentsuyu.
- You need 150 ml of Caesar salad dressing.
- You need of For prepping the shrimp:.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
Caesar Salad Udon Instructions
- Pour 1000 ml of water into a pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt (unlisted) and a bay leaf. Devein but do not peel the shrimp, and add into the water. Heat for 20 seconds, and turn the heat off.
- Let cool. Once cooled, peel the shrimp and remove the tail and legs. Chill in the fridge. Separate the squid's body and head, and cook for 20 seconds in boiling water. When done, soak in cold water.
- Julienne the carrot. Tear the baby leaves into bite-sized pieces. Remove the stem from the cherry tomatoes and cut into fourths.
- Cook the udon until it reaches its desired firmness. Make sure to drain and rinse the udon in cold water to firm up before checking its tenderness.
- Transfer the udon onto a serving dish, and pour over the mentsuyu. Dish up the vegetables and scatter on some parmesan cheese. Arrange the shrimp and squid.
- Crack the soft-poached egg into the center, and enjoy.