LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy
- It’s 2 pounds of shrimp peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of paprika.
- Prepare of flour for coating before frying.
- It’s 48 ounces of frying oil of your choice.
- You need of frying skillet or whatever you fry in.
- Prepare 2 loaves of French bread.
- You need half of a head of iceberg lettuce shredded.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes sliced.
- You need 2 of large or 3 small lemons at room temp quartered.
- You need of small jar of hamburger sliced pickles as desired.
- You need of mayo/ketchup/hot sauce as desired.
LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy Step By Step
- Make sure your shrimp are cleaned and ready. In a mixing bowl mix together the shrimp and the next five ingredients on the list until the shrimp are well coated. Place them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- While your shrimp are chilling in the fridge use the time to prep your toppings and fry station. You can add additional seasoning to your flour if you like or you can sub for cornmeal. Slice your lettuce and tomatoes and place in fridge until sandwich assembly if you haven't done so already.
- Heat skillet for a few minutes over med high heat before adding oil. Don't over fill so that it doesn't spill when shrimp are added. You can also use this time to toast your bread in the oven with a little butter.
- When skillet is at optimal frying temp you can start battering the shrimp in the flour or cornmeal mixture and start placing them in the hot oil after shaking off the excess. Shrimp cook really quick so each batch shouldn't go any longer than ten minutes depending on your preferences to doneness.
- After all shrimp are done you can begin assembly. Spread some mayo on bread and layer your toppings lettuce then tomato and pickle slices. On the other side pile on some shrimp and sprinkle with a little hot sauce if you went added heat.