Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Roasted Butternut Squash Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 of Butternut Squash.
- It’s of Drizzle Olive Oil.
- It’s of Fresh ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of veg oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 sticks of celery.
- Prepare 2 of large carrotts.
- Prepare 2 pints of veg stock.
- Prepare 1/4 of freshly grated nutmeg.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to your taste.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Instructions
- Half Butternut Squash and remove seeds. Drizzle with oil and grind fresh black pepper over. Place in baking dish. Put in oven 180° for about 1.25 hrs and then test for tenderness.
- In large saucepan or stock pot put the veg oil, onion celery and carrots and gently sweat down.
- Scoop out the Butternut Squash from its skin. I use a grapefruit serrated spoon. Chop and add to pan of veg
- Add stock and nutmeg, bring to boil and simmer for 30mins. Check all veg is soft. Season to your taste.
- Allow to cool for 10mins or so. Either use a hand blender or liquidiser. Blend til smooth. Put back in stockpot if liquidiser is used. Add hot water if you prefer thinner soup. Serve hot with crusty bread or flat breads.