Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi
- It’s 8 slice of of thin cut Halloumi (Greek frying/grilling cheese).
- You need 16 large of ready cooked prawns.
- It’s 400 grams of blackberries.
- You need 2 large of tablespoons runny honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cognac or brandy.
- You need 1 tbsp of Port.
- You need 1 of tablespoon cornflour.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons water.
Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi Step By Step
- Put your cognac, port and honey into a small saucepan. Mix the honey with the alcohol stirring it until they have infused over heat.
- Add 200 grams of the berries and gently simmer until they pop and release their juice.
- Take the mixture of the heat and cool slightly. With a blender mix until smooth
- With a fine sieve separate the seeds from the juice. I use the handle of a wooden spoon to stir the juice gently through the sieve. It will be thicker then just normal juice and smooth.Discard the seeds , return juice back to the pot
- Reheat gently .Mix the cornflour with the water, add to the juice until it slightly thickens to a sauce . Take of heat . Add the rest of the berries and leave to cool.
- This mixture can be used for savouries and puddings alike. It keeps 2-3 days in fridge .
- Heat frying pan and fry the halloumi from both sides to brown, it should not be rubbery when cooked.
- Arrange cheese as served here Iwith lettuce , prawns and the sauce. I had this as a light lunch but it could equally serve as a starter.