Easy Giseidofu with Tofu and Egg – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Easy Giseidofu with Tofu and Egg using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Giseidofu with Tofu and Egg
- Prepare 1 block of Firm tofu (300 g).
- It’s of Any leftover vegetables in your fridge:.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Green vegetables (such as mangetout beans, edamame, or green beans).
- Prepare 1 of Fresh shitake mushrooms, dried shiitake mushrooms, or dried hijiki.
- Prepare 1 of Prawns (good for the colour and texture).
- Prepare 1 of Yuzu (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 of -1 1/2 ladles' full Dashi stock or water + dashi powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mentsuyu (3x concentrated).
- You need 1 tsp of Katakuriko (dissolved in the same quantity of water).
Easy Giseidofu with Tofu and Egg Step By Step
- Absorb the excess water from the tofu with paper towels. Julienne the vegetables.
- Blanch the prepared vegetables (about for 1 minute). You don't need to blanch the frozen edamame beans or pre-cooked edamame beans. If you use prawns, cook quickly in the same water after blanching the vegetables.
- Save some vegetables for garnish.
- Mash the tofu until smooth and stir in the egg yolk (you can add 1 tablespoon of mentsuyu, not listed in the ingredients).
- Add the vegetables from Step 2 to the tofu mixture. I used prawns, carrot, and edamame beans in the photo. Add small shavings of yuzu to enhance the flavour of the mixture.
- Line round-bottomed dishes with cling film. Ladle 1/3 of the mixture from Step 5 into each dish. Pull the sides of the cling film toward the top and twist to seal. Lay the twisted part over the top of the mixture.
- Microwave each dish for 2 minutes. After microwaving, upturn the dishes onto your serving dishes. Do this after they have cooled, since they will be very hot.
- Put one ladle of dashi stock (or water + dashi powder) and 2 tablespoons of mentsuyu together and bring to the boil. Add the katakuriko to thicken.
- Pour an sauce over the tofu dish and garnish with the vegetables you set aside and the yuzu shavings. Yuzu will give a great flavour to the dish, so I suggest you use it if you have some!!
- To store yuzu, wrap it up in a double layers of cling film and freeze. You can shave or grate the rind anytime you need it for cooking or for garnish in your clear broth.