Potted Shrimp – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Potted Shrimp using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potted Shrimp
- You need 200 grams of Brown shrimp.
- Prepare 150 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Allspice.
- You need 1 of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Lemon wedges.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt and white pepper.
- You need 2 of Brown bread, thin slice.
Potted Shrimp Instructions
- Heat the butter and bay leaf in a saucepan, do not burn the butter!
- Add the cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, allspice and heat for further 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and simmer on low for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a ramekin. This can be eaten hot or cold, traditionally cold when the butter has set but I prefer it hot.
- Serve with the lemon wedge and brown bread.