Kerala Special Shrimp pulimulaku || KERALA CHEMEEN CURRY – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Kerala Special Shrimp pulimulaku || KERALA CHEMEEN CURRY using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kerala Special Shrimp pulimulaku || KERALA CHEMEEN CURRY
- You need 1/2 of Shredded Coconut.
- Prepare of Shrimp – 1/2 kg (washed shelled and deveined).
- It’s of Tamarind – small lemon size.
- You need of Cucumber cube sized chopped-1/2cup.
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- It’s Leaves of Curry.
- Prepare of Coconut oil.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Paste.
- It’s 4-5 of Small Onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder-.
- It’s of Chilly powder -1tbsp.
- You need of Green Chilly -3-4.
- Prepare of Peppercorn-1tsp.
Kerala Special Shrimp pulimulaku || KERALA CHEMEEN CURRY Step By Step
- First prepare thick tamarind pulp with lemon size tamarind using little water.
- Wash and clean shrimp. Make a paste with coconut, onion, all spice powder and peppercorns along with 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat a manchatti or a pan, add grinded paste, green chilly, cucumber and tamarind pulp. Add salt according to your taste. Add 1 cup of water.
- When it starts boiling, add shrimp adjust salt and cook in medium flame for 15-20 mins or until the shrimp is cooked.
- Swirl the pan instead of stirring. When the graves thickens, drizzle some coconut oil on top, few curry leaves and swirl it again.Switch off flame.Keep it covered for half an hour atleast.
- Serve with Kappa/Tapioca Puzhukku or with steaming hot rice.Enjoy! My Tip: For enhancing the taste, you can add tomato or kudampuli instead of tamarind.