Tom Yum Kuung 🍤 🌶 🍋 – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Tom Yum Kuung 🍤 🌶 🍋 using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Kuung 🍤 🌶 🍋
- Prepare 6-8 of king prawns (best if you can get raw with shells on) but if you cannot find some with shell you can use raw and peeled.
- You need 5 cups of prawn shell stock or chicken stock.
- Prepare 2-3 of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 4-5 of baby tomato, halves.
- Prepare 4-5 of baby shallots, peeled and cut in half.
- You need 5-6 of Thai bird eye Chilies (you can have less) chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Thai chilli jam (or you can use chilli oil).
- You need 2 tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 120 g of or 1 cup Mushrooms, if you have big mushrooms cut them in half.
- Prepare 1 handful of coriander (finely chopped).
- You need 2 of spring onions (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of galangal (about 5 cm long size), cut in big slices about 3 cm thick (you can use paste in the jar if you cannot find the fresh on).
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass, cut into about 4-5 cm long.
- Prepare 6-8 of kaffir lime leaves (tear them in half and take the wooden bit in the middle off).
Tom Yum Kuung 🍤 🌶 🍋 Step By Step
- Prep and prechopped all your ingredients. Bruised your galangal, chilli, shallots and lemongrass with rolling pin or pestle and mortar.
- Peel king prawns shell and leave head and tail. Use prawns shell to make the stock, add 1 tbsp vegetable cooking into your big saucepan then add prawns shells in, stir them well until the shells are cooked and released the natural oil and toasted the shells. Add about 6 cups of water in the saucepan and leave it boiling for about 10 min. However, if you not cooking with prawns with shells, you can also make your stock with water or with chicken stock.
- Bring it to boil then add galangal, lemongrass, shallots, tomatoes and chilli in and have a quick stir.
- Seasoning with tamarind paste, fishsauce, soysauce, sugar, Thai chilli paste and mix well.
- Add your prawns in and have a quick stir then once your prawns cooked turn the heat off and add some lemon juice in and garnish with spring onion and coriander (this way you will have a nice fresh soup and your lime juice not tuen bitter. Serve straight away with steam jasmine rice.