Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s of pumpkin pie.
- It’s of Butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of Potato large.
- It’s 2 – 3 of Carrots.
- Prepare half of Onion.
- You need 3 tsps of Curry powder.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- Prepare Half and half of (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Garlic salt.
Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup Instructions
- Chop pumpkin and squash in half and scrape seeds out. Roast in oven for 30-40 min on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Meanwhile in a large pot sauté onion, potato and garlic. Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Add 2 quarts vegetable broth and simmer until potatoes are soft. Add curry powder.
- Remove squash from oven when tender. Let cool or handle with an oven mitt to remove squash from shell.
- Blend squash, potatoes and broth together, slowly. I use a blender but a food processor works too. If the consistency is too thick, add more broth.
- Serve with coconut milk or half and half.