Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need One of whole chicken.
- Prepare one of onion halved.
- It’s one of garlic head of peeled.
- Prepare of spice blend.
- It’s of ______.
- It’s four of celery stalks of.
- You need of chicken bones.
- You need of ______.
- You need two of celery stalks of.
- You need one of onion.
- Prepare of spaghetti halved.
- Prepare of chicken leftover.
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Step By Step
- Wash and dry chicken. Then rub with spice blend. I used salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, dried basil, and dried oregano.
- Place halved onion on bottom of crockpot then chicken and garlic.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- This step is optional but I turned my oven broiler on and placed the chicken under the broiler for 5-10 minutes to crisp the skin.
- Cut up the chicken according to desired serving. I'll explain how I butcher my chicken at the end.
- Add 4-8 cups of water, celery, and bones of the chicken to the remaining liquid in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Then, using a fine mesh strainer, strain the liquid to produce chicken stock.
- I cooked the chicken in the morning and had it for dinner, then let the broth cook overnight and used the chicken broth for chicken noodle soup for the next morning lunch.
- For the soup, I julienne celery and onion, then sweated that off in a pan before adding the stock.
- I then brought the stock up to a boil and added dried spaghetti, which I broke in half first.
- To serve, I had leftover shredded chicken in a bowl and the added the soup and noodles, and topped with a soft-boiled egg.