Prawns in coconut curry – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawns in coconut curry using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawns in coconut curry
- It’s 1/4 kg of prawns deshelled.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 1 of large capsicum diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic and ginger paste.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin and coriander powder.
- You need 4 of curry leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 of chopped chilli.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1 cup of light cocounut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Prawns in coconut curry Step By Step
- Add 3 tbsps of oil,fry onions and capsicum until light and transluscent.Add the curry leaves and the garlic ginger paste.stir well and let it cook for a minute
- Add your prawns.Stir them well then add all the powdered spices except for the garam masala.Mix well.
- Add your light coconut milk and mix well together.Let it cook for about 2 minutes then add the thick coconut milk.cover and let it cook until it thickens slightly.Add garam masala powder and lemon juice.Mix well and taste salt.Adjust it if necessary.
- Let it cook to the thickness that you prefer.Serve with some chapatis or rice.Enjoy.