Miang Kham /Thai Appetizer – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Miang Kham /Thai Appetizer using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Miang Kham /Thai Appetizer
- It’s 5 bunch of Chaplu ( piperaceae) ,or sub by lettuce if you only want to try sauce.
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s 400 grams of palm sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of finely chop stalk of lemongrass.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of finely chop ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of good quality shrimp paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt to taste ,may be not use all.
- You need 200 grams of dried shrimps,small size.
- Prepare 300 grams of shredded coconut.
- It’s 100 ml of water.
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 1 head of of ginger ,diced.
- It’s 100 grams of fresh chili ,chopped.
- You need 1 cup of roasted peanuts.
- It’s 1 of roast shreded coconut.
- Prepare 2 of lime,diced.
Miang Kham /Thai Appetizer Instructions
- Finely chop ginger,lemongrass,galangal ,clean leaves ,set aside
- Roast coconut until light brown,add shrimp paste,dry shrimps,stir until little more brown,add palm sugar,water ,half of salt ,then let it simmer on low heat,stir frequently protect from burning until sauce get to dark brown color approximately 1 to 2 hours
- During this time in seperate pan ,roast peanut until crispy ,do the same with shreded coconut until light brown ..then remove to serving plate ,chop chili, dice lime,ginger,clean leaves ,pat dry ,prepare to serving plate
- To eat : fill one leaf with fillings ,top with half teaspoon of sauce ,this can get a big bowl of sauce ,good for party or daily appetizer as it can save in refrigerator for later use