Cajun Po Boy's – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Cajun Po Boy's using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Po Boy's
- It’s of Choice Meats:.
- You need 1/4 lb of catfish/White Fish or 6-8 Large Shrimp(peeled/remove tails) or you can use already breaded fish or shrimp.
- Prepare of Slaw Mixture:.
- You need 2 of Broccoli slaw- 3 cups.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lime or Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Splenda sweetner.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Dressing Spread:.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Hellmanns Mayonaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Louisiana hot sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Slap-Ya-Mama Cajun Seasoning.
- It’s 4 of hard sub or hoagy rolls.
Cajun Po Boy's Step By Step
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt & black pepper, and thyme…set aside…
- Dip fish or shrimp in egg mixture ; then into the flour mixture; repeat dipping 2x.. then fry for 3 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl mix together slaw, lime or lemon juice, salt & black pepper and splenda sweetener. Also set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning…Set aside…
- Split hoagy, hard or sub roll…then spread both sides of roll with some melted butter & garlic powder…then stick roll into a 250° preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes……."Always make This sandwich with crackling crusted bread…."
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on both sides of roll.
- Lay choice meat on bottom of roll.
- Top meat with slaw.
- Then put the top half of roll on and Cut In half diagonally and serve….hope you enjoy!