Prawn Fried Rice with Sweet and Sour Cauliflower. (Part 1) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Prawn Fried Rice with Sweet and Sour Cauliflower. (Part 1) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Fried Rice with Sweet and Sour Cauliflower. (Part 1)
- Prepare 2 cups of boiled long grain rice.
- You need 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized brown onion sliced.
- Prepare 200 grams of peeled uncooked prawns.
- It’s 1 of cooked sausage of your choice, cut into half inch bits.
- Prepare 50 grams of long beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch bits.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of finely minced ginger and garlic.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flavourless cooking oil (I used sunflower oil).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha or hot sauce.
- It’s 1 of spring onion sliced, for garnishing.
- It’s of Salt as required.
Prawn Fried Rice with Sweet and Sour Cauliflower. (Part 1) Instructions
- Heat a large wok and add a tiny bit of cooking oil (about 1/4 a tablespoon) to the wok. Add in your beaten egg and begin scrambling it. Once cooked, remove from wok and keep aside to use later.
- In the same wok, add in 3/4 tablespoon of cooking oil and fry the minced ginger and garlic until it is raw no more.
- The heat is still on high. Add the chopped beans and add a dash of water. Cover the wok and cook the beans for about a minute until slightly tender.
- Next, add in the sliced onions, cooked sausage and sauté for a minute.
- At this point, add in your prawns. Cook your prawns on the wok for about 3 minutes until they turn pink all over.
- Next, add in the cooked rice, sesame oil, soy sauce and hot sauce. Mix well until all the sauces are combined with the rice.
- Add salt to the rice and mix well. Now remember, your soy sauce (and sometimes hot sauce) are already salted. So always taste before you add in the salt to determine how much more salt the dish needs.
- Add in the scrambled egg and give the rice one last mix. Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with chopped spring onions. Best served with a delicious sweet and sour cauliflower gravy!