Prawn Congee – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawn Congee using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn Congee
- It’s 200 gram of Cooked rice.
- Prepare 100 gram of Cooked king prawns.
- You need 1 of Fried Cakoi/Youteao.
- It’s 700 ml of Water.
- You need 2 of Poached egg.
- You need 1 of Chicken stock cube.
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion-finely sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Light soy sauce.
Prawn Congee Instructions
- Put the water, chicken stock cube and cooked rice into pan. Bring it to boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Use an electric handheld blender to blend the rice soup for 30 seconds ( blend for 1 minute if you prefer a smoother consistency.
- Return the pan back onto the hob, add the cooked prawns, sugar, light soy sauce and fish sauce. Then simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Put the Prawn Congee into the serving bowl and top with a poach egg, spring onion, sliced cakoi/youteao and ground black pepper.