Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice
- It’s of Gumbo.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 200 grams of Okra.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Old bay seasoning.
- You need 1 medium of Onion chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 200 grams of Medium shrimp deveined and peeled.
- You need 200 grams of Basa fish cut into large cubes.
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of White rice (rinsed).
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice Instructions
- Rince rice and put to boil in pan with two cups water and 1/2 tsp salt, reduce heat cover and simmer for 20 min or until done
- In pan sauté onion, garlic and okra until onions are transparent.
- Add in basa fish, water, spices, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve in bowl with scoop of rice on top