Kicked up Jambalaya. – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Kicked up Jambalaya. using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kicked up Jambalaya.
- Prepare 1 box of of Zantran brand jambalaya rice mix.
- You need 1 of 14 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Three andouille sausages cut into chunks.
- Prepare 10 of to 15 peeled deveined raw shrimp.
- You need 4/5 of sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- It’s 1 of Half of Cup chopped white onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of of chopped bell pepper any color.
- You need 3 tbsp of of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of One and one half cups of water.
Kicked up Jambalaya. Step By Step
- In a large saucepan combine olive oil onions and bell pepper saute for 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add the box of jambalaya rice mix the canned tomatoes and the water to the vegetables mix well bring to a boil reduce heat to medium low simmer with lid on for 15 minutes
- Next you will add the raw shrimp and the sausage for an additional 10 minutes or until shrimp starts to turn pink. Remove from heat let sit for 5 minutes and garnish with parsley.