Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 80 ml of honey (1/3 cup).
- Prepare 60 ml of Vickys Soy-Free 'Soy' sauce (1/4 cup), see my recipe.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 320 g of king prawns, shelled and deveined.
- It’s 500 g of cooked brown rice – microwave packs are perfect.
- Prepare 2 of avocados.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice – reserve lemon, cut into wedges for garnish.
- Prepare of Sliced spring onion greens / scallion to garnish.
Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF Instructions
- If cooking brown rice from scratch, start it in plenty of time as the rest of the dish only takes minutes to do
- Combine the honey, soy, garlic and ginger. Mix well
- Pour half of this marinade over the prawns and toss to coat. Let rest in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and cook the prawns for a minute on each side until pink
- Meanwhile heat the microwave rice
- Peel and slice the avocado and drizzle with the lemon juice
- Add the remaining marinade to the frying pan and cook for a further minute
- Fluff the rice and divide between serving plates or bowls
- Fan the avocado slices on one side of the plate and season with salt. Spoon the prawns over the other side
- Garnish with some sliced spring onion / scallion and a lemon wedge. Serve immediately