Roasted butternut squash soup – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Roasted butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- You need 1-2 of butternut squash-cubed.
- It’s 1 of white onion-chopped into large wedges.
- You need 2 stalks of celery-roughly chopped.
- You need 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 16 oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 48 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3-4 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare of sour cream to top.
Roasted butternut squash soup Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place squash, onion, celery, and garlic on sheet pan. Sprinkle with EVOO & salt. Place 3-4 sprigs of rosemary among vegetables and roast in oven for 25-35 min until golden brown.
- Place roasted veggies (remove rosemary) into large pot and cover with chicken broth until stew like consistency with a little extra liquid. Simmer on stove top for several minutes until veggies flavor broth.
- Turn stove top off. Spoon contents into a blender. Starting on low, then increasing some, blend until creamy. (*mixture will be hot, allow steam to escape)
- On low setting, continue to blend while adding cream.
- Once mixture is lightened and creamy, return to pot and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve.
- I added a little garlic salt and onion powder to taste.