Shrimp Tacos – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp Tacos using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Tacos
- Prepare 6 of shrimp (peeled, deviened, raw).
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 of soft taco tortillas.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Fixins.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cabbage, finely shredded (lettuce is cool too if you prefer!).
- It’s 1/2 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of instant white rice.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of milk.
- You need 1/4 of ground cumin.
- It’s pinch of ground black pepper.
Shrimp Tacos Step By Step
- Chop up your cabbage, tomato, red onion, garlic, and prep any fixins (black beans and/or cilantro might be a nice addition!)
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce (mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, cumin, pepper)
- Cook white rice according to directions. 1 serving is plenty for this recipe – cook as much as you need if you are making a larger portion.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saute pan on med-low until bubbly. Add chopped garlic and paprika and let cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until fragrant but not browning.
- Add in shrimp and lightly salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until it starts looking pink on one side and then flip. Lightly salt and pepper again and cook another 3-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through. Flip another couple times to get both sides nice and cooked through.
- Get your tacos ready! Heat for 15 seconds to warm, then add chopped cabbage and rice. Place 3 shrimps on each taco. Top with tomato, red onion, and white cumin sauce. (and hot sauce if you like!)