Yummy veggie soup for babies – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Yummy veggie soup for babies using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yummy veggie soup for babies
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 1 of small potato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped celery stalk.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped zucchini (or butternut squash).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red lentils.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Yummy veggie soup for babies Instructions
- In a small or medium sized sauce pan add the water and bring it to boil.
- In the meantime, prepare the veggies. Drain the red lentils through running water until it comes clear. Chop the veggies into small size so that they will cook faster. You may increase or decrease each portion of the ingredients depending on what you have at hand and also on what your little one loves more. 🙂
- Once the water has started to boil, throw all the veggies and the lentils. Also add the salt. IF COOKING FOR BABIES UNDER 12-MONTHS-OLD OMIT THE SALT!
- Because of the lentils the water will start to foam. With a spoon carefully skim the foam.
- Leave to boil for 15-20 minutes or when all veggies are fork tender and the water has reduced. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Add the olive oil and blend the veggies until smooth. Serve warm to your little one. The amount I serve is half of what I prepare. The other half I place in a sealed container and serve the next day. Hope your little ones enjoy as much as mine! 🙂
- Optional: for some added Calcium add a tablespoon of cream cheese or milk before blending the soup.