Homemade Pad Thai – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Homemade Pad Thai using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Pad Thai
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamarind paste or tamarind juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sambal (or paprika).
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1/2 lb of shrimp peeled.
- You need 1 of egg lightly beaten.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted peanuts roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of green onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of lime wedges.
- It’s 1 of rice noodles.
Homemade Pad Thai Instructions
- Bring pot to boil and cook rice noodles al dente…Also mix in a bowl tamarind, fish sauce,vinegar,sugar and sambal (or paprika) and set aside
- Heat a skillet or wok to medium high and stir fry garlic in the vegetable oil for 30 seconds, then add shrimp and cook until pink. Push the shrimp to one side of the wok and cook the beaten egg (scramble) then mix to incorporate.
- Add the rice noodles and the sauce you made and stir fry together to incorporate. Add the bean sprouts in the last 1 min of cook time
- Garnish the dish with chopped green onions, peanuts and lime wedges (optional)