Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 of fresh lime.
- You need 1 clove of crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of caster sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sweet chili sauce.
- It’s 50 g of rice noodles vermicelli.
- It’s 8-12 of rice paper wrappers.
- It’s 8-12 of cooked peeled prawns.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh coriander.
- You need 1 head of green coral or baby cos lettuce.
Prawn Vietnamese rice paper roll and peanut chilli dipping sauce Step By Step
- Boil water with a kettle and vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover with warm water for 2 minutes, then drain
- Make dipping sauce by mixing peanut butter, fish sauce, juice of one lime, garlic, soy sauce, and sweet chilli. Mix until smooth and set aside
- Peel the prawns, slice in half lengthwise and devein
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. The bowl need to be large enough to fit the whole rice paper in one go. I like to use a large sauce pan if need be. Submerge the rice papers into the water for 2 seconds. Then place on the counter
- On the top part of the rice paper, place 3 prawns with a mint leaf in between, and squash in the lettuce and other herbs. Fold the left and right edges of the rice paper in, then starting from the bottom, roll up to cover the lettuce bundle. Then keep rolling firmly. The rice paper is sticky, it will seal itself.
- Serve immediately with the peanut dipping sauce.