Pad Thai – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Pad Thai using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- It’s 100 g of tamarind paste.
- You need 50 g of fish sauce.
- You need 50 g of palm sugar.
- It’s 25 g of thai soy sauce.
- It’s 50 g of water.
- Prepare 50 g of rice stick noodles.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 100 g of protein (chicken, tofu, shrimp, other seafood).
- It’s 50 g of fresh or thai pickled carrot.
- Prepare 75 g of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Garlic chives.
- You need of Crushed peanuts.
Pad Thai Step By Step
- Sauce: Combine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Strain. Adjust sweetness, saltiness and texture with sugar, fish sauce and water. Makes sauce for 4-6 servings. Can be kept refrigerated at least a couple of weeks.
- Cut the chives to the same length as the bean sprouts.
- Heat a wok on high heat and add some peanut oil.
- Crack in the egg on one side of the pan, breaking the yolk.
- Add the protein on the side of the egg and stir fry while the egg cooks.
- Add the carrot and stir fry briefly, before breaking up the egg and stir frying everything in the pan together.
- Add the noodles, stir-fry briefly, then pour in the sauce and stir-fry until the sauce is evenly distributed and the noodles are cooked through adding some water if it becomes too dry.
- Add the bean sprouts, peanuts and chives and stir fry for a few moments.
- Serve with fresh coriander, crushed peanuts, chilli flakes, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce on the side as condiments.