Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- It’s 1 packages of of bean thread or rice noodles, follow cooking instructions on package.
- You need 3/4 packages of tamarind powder, paste works too.
- Prepare 1 large of tomato, diced.
- It’s 3 clove of of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bundle of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped.
- It’s 5 of green onions, chopped, both white and green parts.
- You need 1 of fresh lime, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of fresh jalapeno, deseeded and sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of stir fry sauce to marinade shrimp.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil to cook shrimp.
- It’s 1 bunch of of bean fresh sprouts (optional).
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle finished soup with sesame seeds.
Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup Instructions
- In a bowl, add cleaned shrimp, diced tomato, chopped garlic, tbs. olive oil, stir fry sauce and seasonings
- In a pot, add 5 or so cups of water, tamarind powder, a squeeze of sriracha chili sauce(optional), add a tsp. of salt and place over low heat
- Be sure to taste broth, make sure it's not watery, and has a good tamarind flavour
- Cook noodles according to package, they should be springy and have a slight chew to them, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- In a pan, cook the shrimp mixture over medium heat. The tomatoes will break down and make the mixture watery, you want this to happen, it will become part of the broth. Cook until shrimp are done about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add your noodles. Then add your shrimp with some of the tomato juice. Pour the tamarind broth about half way up the bowl. Top with the fresh cilantro, jalapeno, green onions, bean sprouts and lime.