Shrimp Basmati Jollof Rice with Cole slaw and stewed n – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp Basmati Jollof Rice with Cole slaw and stewed n using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Basmati Jollof Rice with Cole slaw and stewed n
- Prepare 800 g of Basmati Rice.
- You need 6 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 6 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 8 pieces of habanero pepper (rodo).
- You need 2 of Large Onion Bulbs.
- Prepare 200 g of Tomato Paste.
- It’s of Groundout oil.
- You need of Thyme.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- It’s of White Pepper.
- It’s of Ginger and Garlic Paste.
- It’s of Chicken or Beef Stock.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Maggi.
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- Prepare of Green Peas.
Shrimp Basmati Jollof Rice with Cole slaw and stewed n Step By Step
- Blend your tomatoes, red bell pepper, one onion and habanero pepper (rodo) together till it is smooth
- Wash your basmati rice in warm water and set aside
- Put two cooking spoons of groundout oil in the pot (low heat). Add your chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add your tomato paste and fry while stirring till the paste is no longer sour.. Add your maggi, salt, curry, thyme and white pepper to taste
- Pour your washed rice into the paste mixture and stir till all the rice is covered…Taste for seasoning
- Add a little water and cover the rice tightly to prevent escape of steam
- Continually check on the rice from time to time and when moisture is needed add the chicken or Beef Stock then cover tightly..
- When it's almost done add your shrimp and green peas.
- Serve rice with Cole slaw and stewed chicken