Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice
- It’s 1 lb of medium raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of minute rice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 lb of firm tofu.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sweet Chile sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of teriyaki sauce.
Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice Instructions
- Mix shrimp with honey, minced garlic, onion powder and soy sauce and marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes or up to 8 hours. I marinated mine for an hour.
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside. Place tofu with a paper towel beneath and on top and place something heavy like a cast iron skillet on top to press out the extra water. Cut tofu into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In lightly oiled skillet place diced mushrooms, green onion and tofu and sauté on medium heat for about 8 minutes flipping halfway through. Stir in teriyaki sauce and sweet Chile sauce and stir then stir in rice. Heat another 2/3 minutes.
- Place on plate and top with shrimp and garnish with green onion.