Butternut Squash, Kale and Chickpea Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Butternut Squash, Kale and Chickpea Soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash, Kale and Chickpea Soup
- You need 1 of Medium Onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of fresh ginger, minced.
- You need 350 g of Mixed Kale, roughy chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh chillies.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of chickpeas, soaked in 1 Cup boiling water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cardamom.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 cubes of garlic & herb stock.
- It’s 60 ml of Olive oil.
- It’s 600 g of Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped. Seeds removed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cardamom.
- It’s 2 Cups of Water.
- You need of More water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
Butternut Squash, Kale and Chickpea Soup Step By Step
- Soak chickpeas for an hour, covered. Drain chickpeas. Heat olive oil on low and sauté onion, chickpeas and butternut together in a pot. Put the lid on after 20 minutes. Stir after 15 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, add chillies, 1 teaspoon cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir and put the lid on.
- After 15 minutes, add 2 cups tap water, switch the stove off and blend with a hand stick blender. If it’s too thick, add half a cup each time until you get your desired consistency. Add the second teaspoon of cardamom and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes then serve.