Vietnamese Chicken Loodoo Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Vietnamese Chicken Loodoo Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Chicken Loodoo Soup
- You need 3 of medium chicken thighs.
- Prepare 3 slices of ginger about 1/4” each.
- Prepare 3 of big cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot cut in half.
- It’s 1 of medium onion peeled.
- It’s 5 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 TBS of salt.
- You need of Some grounded black pepper.
- It’s 1 TBS of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 TBS of fish sauce.
- Prepare of Green onion and cilantro.
- It’s of Some thinly sliced onions.
- It’s of Few wedges of lime or lemon.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh noodles tightly packed (for large bowl).
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 TBS of salt.
Vietnamese Chicken Loodoo Soup Instructions
- All of this can be found at any Asian markets.
- Put chicken in a medium pot with ginger, garlic, carrot, onion and 5 1/2 cup of water. Add the 1/2 TBS of salt and black pepper. Put on medium high, bring to a boil. Turn to medium, boil for another 25 to 30 minutes. Stick a fork to the chicken. Remove fork, water has to be clear, If not, cook for few more minutes. Do not over cook chicken. Remove chicken. Turn to medium low heat, close lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- After one hour, strain the stock to another pot and discard all solid matter. Bring to boil, season with 1 TBS of sugar and 1 1/2 TBS of fish sauce. Keep at low heat.
- Meanwhile, boil about 4 cups of water with 1/2 TBS of salt for noodles.
- While waiting for the water to boil, have a bowl ready. Chop green onion, slice the onion. Cut the chicken into strips.
- Mix some Hoisin sauce and Chili Garlic sauce in a small dish to dip the chicken in for extra flavors.
- When water is boiled, put in noodles. Stir for 2 minutes. Strain noodles, transfer to bowl immediately, put chicken and onion on top. Pour stock in (6 or 7 ladle), sprinkle green onion and add cilantro for garnish. Put a tsp of Chilli Garlic if you like it spicy. Squeeze some lime or lemon for tartness.
- I hope a bowl of my Vietnamese Chicken Loodoo will keep you warm on a rainy and windy day😊.