Coconut honey shrimp – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Coconut honey shrimp using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut honey shrimp
- It’s of Coconut shrimp.
- You need 400 grams of peeled, cleaned shrimp-medium size.
- It’s 1 large of beaten egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet coconut flakes.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
- It’s 1 of chinese rice vermicelli.
- Prepare 5 slice of pineapple-cut in small parts.
- Prepare of Honey garlic sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Honey, or more to taste.
- Prepare 3 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
Coconut honey shrimp Instructions
- In a shallow dish, mix salt and flour. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and add pepper. On a dinner plate, mix the breadcrumbs and the coconut.
- Cover each shrimp in flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip in eggs amd lay on the coconut/panko mixture. Press the breading with the palm of your hand the help it settle well on the shrimp then gently shake off the excess.
- After breading all the shrimp, let them rest for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water and add chinese rice vermicelli. NOTE: Follow the instructions placed on the noodle's box for better results.
- In a large skillet, heat up about 1/2 inch of oil on medium-high heat. Fry the shrimp until golden.
- Drain on papet towels.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water then add to the mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve the rice vermicelli with pineapple and the shrimp and gently toss the sauce over it. Bon appetit!