Penang Stir Fried Flat Rice Noodles (Char Kuey Teow) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Penang Stir Fried Flat Rice Noodles (Char Kuey Teow) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Penang Stir Fried Flat Rice Noodles (Char Kuey Teow)
- Prepare 450 g of Flat Rice Noodle (kuey teow).
- Prepare 150 g of Fish Cake (cut bite size).
- Prepare 200 g of Shrimp (marinate in 1/2 tsp Salt and 2 Tbsp Lime Juice).
- You need 50 g of Spring Onions (cut 2 inches length).
- Prepare 50 g of Garlic Chives (cut 2 inches lengths).
- Prepare 50 g of Bean Sprouts.
- Prepare 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- It’s 1/3 cup of Cooking Oil (or animal fat like tallow or schmaltz).
- It’s 20 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 40 g of Chilli Paste (entirely optional).
- Prepare of Sauce Mixture (Mix In a Bowl);.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Sweet Dark Soy.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper.
Penang Stir Fried Flat Rice Noodles (Char Kuey Teow) Step By Step
- EGGS; Heat 1 Tbsp cooking oil until hot and fry the egg scrambled until done. Remove and set aside.
- SEAFOOD; Heat 4 Tbsp of cooking oil and fry the garlic (and chilli paste) until fragrant (or when oil separates for chilli paste). Add the shrimp, the fishcake and mix well.
- NOODLES; Next, add the noodles, the sauce mixture and mix well. You must toss gently or the noodles will break apart.
- VEGGIES; Add in the spring onions, the chives and the bean sprouts. Mix well for 30 seconds, then turn off the heat. Add in the eggs, mix well and then serve.
- ASSEMBLY; Add in the eggs, mix well for one last time and then serve.