Roasted Squash & Apple Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Roasted Squash & Apple Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Squash & Apple Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of tart apples such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes, plus 1 small apple for optional garnish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 quart of low-sodium chicken or veggie broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds.
Roasted Squash & Apple Soup Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cubed squash with 1 Tbsp olive oil and sugar and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 20–30 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, gently stirring halfway through roasting. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 4–6 minutes or until softened. Add apples and thyme and sauté 5 minutes more. Add broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 10–15 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in roasted squash to combine.
- Puree soup in batches in a food processor or blender until very smooth. If soup is too thick, add additional water until desired consistency is reached. Return to pan and season with sugar and salt.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with thinly sliced apple, pepper and pumpkin seeds.