Jambalaya – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Jambalaya using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jambalaya
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken, cubed.
- You need 6 oz of smoked sausage.
- Prepare 2 tbs of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken or veggie broth.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- It’s 2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 2 of green onions thinly sliced.
- It’s of Okra.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, oregano.
Jambalaya Step By Step
- In a large pot heat olive oil on medium heat and add in green and red peppers, onion, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in smoked sausage, garlic, and tomato paste. Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken or veggie broth, crushed tomatoes, rice, and old bay seasoning. Reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid, and cook 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook 3-5 minutes. Stir in green onions and serve.