‘Gunkan’ Maki Sushi – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have ‘Gunkan’ Maki Sushi using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ‘Gunkan’ Maki Sushi
- You need of Sushi Rice.
- It’s of Nori.
- It’s of Your Favourite Toppings.
- You need of <Topping Suggestions>.
- Prepare of Fresh Sashimi Slices, Wasabi.
- Prepare of Ikura (Salmon Roe), Tobiko (Flying Fish Roe).
- Prepare of Crab Meat, Prawns.
- Prepare of Teriyaki Chicken, Inari-zushi Wrappers.
- It’s of Tuna & Mayonnaise.
- You need of Scrambled Egg, Boiled Egg & Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Avocado, Cucumber, Corn.
‘Gunkan’ Maki Sushi Step By Step
- Cook Sushi Rice. Sushi rice should be cool or room temperature. *Find my 'Sushi Rice' recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/1467168-sushi-rice
- Prepare toppings. *Today I made four different toppings, ‘Smoked Salmon & Avocado’, ‘Teriyaki Chicken’, ‘Nattō & Cucumber with Spring Onion’ and ‘Canned Tuna & Mayonnaise with Spring Onion’
- Cut a sheet Sushi Nori into 6 strips. Nori sheet is usually 20cm long. When you cut it into 6 strips, each strip would be 3.3cm in width. Cut each strip to make 15-16cm long. Offcuts can be used for topping or other dishes.
- Make small oblong Sushi Rice balls. Usually about 20g of rice is formed into a ball, and that’s quite small. Flatten or hollow the top. *Note: You may wish to purchase Sushi Moulds, but ice cube tray could be an alternative tool to make many balls quickly.
- Wrap each ball with a Nori strip with the smooth side out, place toppings on top.